The meaning of Varisara is that the digestive tract is filled with warm salt water, and then with series of special exercises the water is pushed through the entire gastrointestinal tract and excreted through the anus. All slags and stagnant deposits which decompose and poison the body are washed out.
The procedure takes at least 1.5 hours and requires a lot of effort for beginners, so it is better to perform it on a day off. The best time is in the morning on an empty stomach.
Preparation and Time
Prepare a warm saline solution: 5-6 grams (dessert spoon with top) of salt per 1 liter of water, a total of 3-4 liters is needed. The temperature of the solution should be like a hot soup. Salt does not allow water to be absorbed into the walls of the gastrointestinal tract and draws water-soluble toxins and toxins onto itself.
It should take into account the phase of the moon, the most suitable second and fourth. Try not to carry out procedures on the days of the changing phases of the moon (full moon, new moon).
How to do it
- Drink a glass of solution, immediately perform a series of exercises (see description below) at a fast pace on each side four times.
- Drink one glass of water (preferably in large sips) and alternate with their exercises. After about 4-6 glasses, an urge to defecate should appear. If this does not happen, do the exercises without drinking water or make a cleansing enema.
- Continue to operate according to the scheme: drinking – exercise – defecation, until the outgoing water becomes clean.
- To terminate the “siphon” at the end of the procedure, drink clean water and induce vomiting.
1. Starting position: put the feet at a distance of 30-35 cm parallel to each other.
2. Twist the fingers and raise hands above the head, palms up.
3. Lean to the right without leaning forward.
4. Without stopping tilt the body to the left.
5. Repeat tilts quickly without stopping four times in both direction.
This exercise opens the pylorus, and water flows from the stomach into the duodenum.
1. The starting position is the same.
2. Raise the straight left hand horizontally to the side. Bend the right hand at the elbow and raise it horizontally, touching with fingers the left clavicle.
3. Turn the torso to the left, moving your left hand back and looking at your left hand fingertips.
4. Without stopping change hands, turning to the right: now the right hand is extended, and the left is bent at the clavicle.
5. Quickly repeat turns without stopping 4 times in each direction.
With these movements, water from the duodenum enters the small intestine.
1. Lie down on the floor. Place palms on the ground under the shoulders. Forehead touches the floor. Straighten your arms rising head and shoulders like in Cobra posture.
2. Turn the head, shoulders and torso to the right to look at the left heel behind the back.
3. Without stopping, turn left and look at the right heel behind the back.
4. Alternate turns 4 times in each direction.
Exercise moves water through the small intestine.
1. Stand straight, legs wider than shoulders, turn feet slightly inward.
2. Slightly bend the legs at the knees, the left hand rests on the left knee.
3. Crouch, turning left leaning body to the thigh and bringing his right hand outside the left foot.
4. Without stopping, change direction and arms: lower the right to the knee, and bring the left to the right foot.
5. Without stopping to perform 4 times in each direction.
Water passes through the large intestine.
– If after 4-6 glasses of drunk solution you feel overflow, heaviness in the stomach and nausea, it means that the passage from the stomach to the intestine has not opened. Do a series of exercises 2-3 times in the exact sequence without drinking water.
– Sometimes gas plugs in the intestines do not allow water to pass well, pain occurs. In this case execute the position for the removal of gases – Pavanmuktasana (lying on the back bent your legs pressing the knees to the stomach with your hands), or Sarvangasana (stand on the shoulders), or massage the stomach with hands.
– If defecation does not occur after drinking 4-6 glasses, but the water has passed into the intestines, help yourself with a small cleansing enema.
– If, nevertheless, the water does not leave the stomach and intestines, then you must induce vomiting or wait for the water to exit through the bladder, stopping the procedure.
– Drinking hot water and intense exercise will warm you up. Therefore, dress lightly, but prepare warm clothes so as not to cool down after the procedure.
– Salt causes irritation of the anus; grease it with sunflower oil and use warm clean water instead of toilet paper.
1. After the procedure do not allow the body to cool down.
2. You need to eat after about 30-40 minutes. Boiled white rice seasoned with butter is the best. You can eat also porridge boiled in water. Exclude milk, meat, bread, raw vegetables and fruits.
3. Refrain from drinking before eating. You can drink half an hour after eating. It is better decoctions of herbs (dogrose, etc.).
4. After eating, you need to rest. To do Yoga Nidra is the best but try stay awake.
5. After one day, return to the usual diet without the excess of meat products, if you are not a vegetarian.
It is recommended to carry out this purification 2 or 4 times a year, at the beginning of each season.
Shankprakshalana is contraindicated in case of peptic ulcer of the stomach or duodenum, acute dysentery, with exacerbation of chronic diseases (colitis, gastritis, appendicitis, etc.), tuberculosis and malignant tumors. You should not perform this procedure within a week after getting out of fasting, on the days of menstruation, at high temperature or blood pressure, heart attacks.